Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Travis Simpkins' Opinion on Art Crime and Museum Security Ranks High in Europe

Travis Simpkins' "Art Crime Illustrated" Ranks High in Europe

     I am living on the wrong continent…


     Last year, I started Art Crime Illustrated, a website dedicated to my artwork and thoughts on Art Crime and History. It was partly at the suggestion and encouragement of top authorities in the Museum Security and Law Enforcement fields, who were impressed with the industrious research I conducted when creating a series of Then & Now photos and museum gallery sketches. 

    Art Crime Illustrated has since gained a respectable following, particularly in Europe and Australia, where my opinions on the subjects of Art Crime and Museum Security have, on occasion, been placed on par with major news sources like The Guardian. Museums, Security Firms, Research Associations and Publishers have sought my advice and input as an expert on the subject of Art Protection, Art History, marketing and related matters.

     It's been an eventful year, presenting a widening scope of opportunities in addition to current endeavors. Looking forward to more...